Wednesday 4 January 2012

Janathon the fourth be with you


What a difference a day makes!  Yesterday's weather made me wonder if those predictions about the world ending in 2012 were actually true!  We had a load of trees down - I even saw one fall from my office window, although thankfully it fell in the other direction.  One of our local bus drivers wasn't so lucky and had to be cut out of his bus after a tree fell on it!  Full story here.   This morning it's a whole different story - dry and bright with a little chill to the air.  

Once again the day started with a 35 minute dog walk in the dark.  At least I'm getting value for money from my headtorch.  But afterwards I left Murdoch with the dog walkers.  They do a great daycare service and it's time that Murdoch got back into his routine and worked some of his Christmas podge off.  He'll get walked several times today, which is awesome and it also meant that I could head straight to the gym before work and get my day four workout in early.

The gym was quite busy, but I was able to get onto a cross trainer right away and did 3.3k in 25 minutes.  Then I hopped onto the recumbent bike and did 3.75k in 10 minutes. That's all I had time for before hitting the showers and heading to work, but it's another tick in the Janathon box.  Tomorrow I'm going to try running again as the heel seems to have settled down a little - watch this space!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for ticking boxes! Yesterday's weather was pretty scary at times. Glad it's been better today. :)

    ReplyDelete