Thursday 14 February 2013

Woe

Despite the fact that I inadvertently dressed myself like a Ribena berry this morning, today has felt very grey and miserable.
Woo!
There are some days when you know you just shouldn't watch the news.  You've woken up, still with that annoying tickly cough, and taken the dog for a walk in the pouring rain, which is being blown into your face by a cold wind.  So far, so average.  You get home, dry yourself off, and the dog and give the little guy his breakfast.  You go back to bed for a moment to warm up and wake up half an hour later (standard).  To see the news that Oscar Pistorius seems that have shot his girlfriend.  Woe.

At first it seems like a tragic mistake, a Valentine's Day surprise gone wrong, perhaps.  But as news starts to seep out, there is talk of previous "disturbances of a domestic nature" and the devastating blow that he has been charged with murder.  Woe and more woe.

I have spent all day feeling very upset by all of this.  Oscar is a hero of mine and there's been more than enough recently of sporting heroes falling off their pedestal.  I'm going to reserve judgement until we see more facts and less speculation, but in the meantime, suffice to say I'm gutted.
Oh Oscar
In other news, I had a flat tyre today, £70 down the pan on a new one, and late back from lunch as a result. Murdoch's got the squits and I have a giant spot on my cheek.  I'm not going to take a picture of my face, but here is an artist's impression of it.

It's alive and it's eating my face!!!!!!!!
So generally speaking it's been a pretty foul day.  Thankfully the past few days have been pretty cool - lots of great work stuff going on and managed to get out for a brilliant run on Sunday.  Got taken on a ridiculous hilly, muddy, slippy slidey run along the Greensand Way by @claz0r and @leestuartevans.  We ran through a lot of WEATHER that day.  Brrrrrrrr.  So mustn't grumble.

(woe)


3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty shocked by the Oscar Pistorius case too, but, you're right, speculation helps no one. His poor girlfriend, and her family, such a sad thing.
    Hope today is better for you, love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just awful news yesterday. Can't imagine what both their families are going through.

    Hope all is OK in Murdoch's world today x.

    ReplyDelete