Wednesday 20 February 2013

A square peg in a round hole


The first in what may become an occasional series of blog posts, on things in my world that confuse me so much that it makes me wonder if I'm supposed to be here, instead of, say, the 14th century when this sort of malarkey almost certainly didn't exist.

Today's instalment surrounds my workplace toilet.  I know.  Not the most exciting or glamorous of settings, but there you go.

Firstly.  Why do people do this?


Is it significantly more time consuming and stressful to put the new toilet roll on the holder?  Is there a reason that I'm missing why people do not put the new roll on the holder? And perhaps the most burning question of all.  Do they do this at home????  

Secondly.  Why does our liquid hand soap have an expiration date?  



What will happen if we try to use it after it expires?  Will it represent a Health and Safety hazard?  Will we spontaneously combust?!

So many questions. So much confusion.

6 comments:

  1. I just snorted a bit of squash up my nose. Things like this are super annoying, see also: putting the toilet paper on the holder but doing it the wrong way around. YES THERE IS A RIGHT WAY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There IS a right way. There really is. It has to loop OVER the roll. OVER IT.

      Delete
  2. ha ha ha, be glad you were not taking pictures in there yesterday! I had to bring a sanitary issue up with the the office manager, I was disgusted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG my OCD has just gone into overdrive seeing that loo roll ** breathes slow and deep,counts to 10**

    Why oh why do people do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't know. Well educated, intelligent people. All of them. A complete mystery.

      Delete