Sunday 1 July 2012

Hush............

A gentle hush has fallen.  June is done and across the blogosphere, Juneathoners are taking a well earned break from jogging, logging and indeed blogging.  Ssssssh, don't speak too loudly, a whisper sounds like thunder in the void...... :)

As I mentioned in my last post, I didn't do enough of the community side of Juneathon, but ho hum, there's always next time and overall I'm happy with my totals for the month, who knew I walked so much?!:

Walking 122.7 miles
Running: 23.3 miles
Swimming: 1k
Crosstraining: 5hrs

In other news, I've hit upon a challenge for July.

Interesting fact about Amy: for nine years as a youth, I was a vegetarian.
(Another interesting fact about Amy: sometimes she refers to herself in the third person. Gah.)

I stopped being a vegetarian Stateside during a holiday with my parents.  I was 22, teenage idealism had worn thin and I really freakin' wanted a burger.  So that was that.  These days I still don't eat meat with every meal, but I'd like to see how I get on without it for a while.  So the questions are:

1.   Can I revisit vegetarianism for the entire month of July?
2.  Can I do it without eating my own bodyweight in cheese (oh God, I really love cheese)
3.  How long will it take for someone to offer me a great vegetarian recipe centred around the mushroom (oh God, I really hate mushrooms)

I'll try and blog regularly to let you all know how I'm getting on and will post any recipes that I've tried and enjoyed.

2 comments:

  1. I think you'll enjoy a veggie month; when someone suggests something with mushroom, try it with an aubergine instead.

    It will be interesting to see though how you keep up your regular exercise without meat proteins.

    Are you running in Elstead on Friday evening?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the aubergine tip! What's happening in Elstead on Friday?

      Hope you are starting to feel better x

      Delete